Brown Butter Nutella Swirl cake
This brown butter nutella swirl is super easy and extremely pretty, buttery and light.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter or brown butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment or wax paper, or dust lightly with flour.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat butter and white sugar until fluffy and light in colour.
- Gradually add eggs, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Stir until just blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Drizzle over the Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for until cake springs back when lightly touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire rack to cool completely.