A moist, light vanilla sponge with a fresh burst of strawberries, and a crunch of slivered almonds! The perfect tea-time treat.
- 1+3/4 cups maida
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or lime zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 3 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 10 fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hung curd
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, and butter and line a 9 inch tin with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon/lime zest and castor sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the curd, milk, oil.
- Fold the diced strawberries, dry ingredients and wet ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture in the tin and sprinkle over the slivered almonds, and place the sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.